Book Blogger Beginner

This past quarter, I began blogging about books with my students. I have found that I immensely enjoy writing about books and the craziness of the worlds I pretend to live in throughout the duration of a book. I've enjoyed seeing my students' excitement as they have an outlet and tool to discuss their book and their personal thoughts on the events happening. I have been blogging right along with my students about the books I've been reading, but I have had to keep it "student-friendly" with my thoughts and the format. I loved this, but I needed something of my own. From this, I have decided to begin my own (personal) blog about books and reading. I want a format to discuss the books I have read and to share my passion for literature with other people. I love sharing my passion with my students and getting them excited about reading. However, I want to spread that passion beyond the classroom. 

I am known to many of my friends as the book nerd. I collect books like I collect air to breathe. I find comfort in the smell of books and being surrounded by their many stories. One of my favorite things in the world is curling up in my little library in my house, surrounded by my books, and reading until I need a break to process what I have read (or until I fall asleep). There are times that my dog is honestly jealous of my books because they seem to get more attention than him (he will lay on me while I read). I love coming home from a long day of teaching and finding that a box of books were delivered on my front step, waiting for me to devour them. 

So here we go, join me on my journey through the many different lives I live, tales I read, and memories they'll create...

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to following your posts! I know we have much the same taste in literature; however, I can't say I'll find myself reading the series you blogged about tonight. I just am not that huge of a Disney fan -- nor am I into mythology. Besides YA lit, I'm excited to read your thoughts on more grown up lit. I just finished The Marriage Lie -- Could. Not. Put. It. Down.

    Consider me your first follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on posting about What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty later this week :) I'm also hoping to start a YouTube channel. I will keep you posted and am so thankful to have you as my very first follower!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fairest of All (Villains Series Bk 1)

Strong Looks Better Naked